Saturday, September 25, 2010

Short update

I think it's safe to say that I'm casually dating Oldieman now - after three dates.

I spent maybe 12 hours straight with him the other day and got incredibly sick of him fast. I don't know if this is my inner single girl screaming from within me or if I just don't like him a ton.

Him being "boyfriend material" is the furthest thing from my mind right now. He says he hates dating around and isn't a Match whore, but I'm still wary of him.

Other than that. My Match experience has come to a dead halt. No winks. No emails. No new dates lined up. No nothing. I guess they stopped spamming others inboxes with my profile. But this might be a good break for now. I haven't felt too connected to the site recently. It might be because I'm starting a new job and tending to Match is almost the equivalent of caring for a 7-year-old: the kid will entertain itself for a bit, but isn't yet completely self-sufficient.

Can't put all my eggs in Oldieman's basket.

By the way. Irishman Match messaged me (don't know why since he has MY PHONE NUMBER) saying:

"Hey there invalid,
Why don't you get rid of that nasty cough and let's hang out again."

To which I WISH I had the balls to respond:

"Hey there Mr. I-Like-To-Stare-And-Be-Real-Awkward,
Why don't you sign up for OKCupid since no woman should ever pay for a service that matches her with you?"

Delete.

3 comments:

  1. I was casually seeing my match guy, the one who baby talked to his dog when I was on the phone with him.
    There are reasons why we won't work out, and I need to break it off before it gets too sketchy.
    He is too hovering for my tastes, always wants to hold me and keep me under his wing. I talked to him about how that irritated me and I think we should slow down, he just nodded like a dope and laid off for an hour before he returned to do exactly what we had just spoke about...dumb.

    ReplyDelete
  2. is he seriously clingy? it sounds like it. i guess he's one of those guys looking for love instead of building a friendship/bond first. are you dating others at least?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have officially ended it with that guy I spoke about, he gave me the "Yea, figured. I don't really care. Whatever I'm used to it." And I wanted to slap him for being lame/clingy and feeling sorry for himself.

    Met one other named John, we are just friendly no attraction on either side, send lame txts to each other about dumb things (he's on the verge of replacing B *our mutual guy friend* as my txting buddy because B has been avoiding me or hopefully everyone)

    I have a date this Friday which I am hopeful becomes a nice little attraction because I will be all alone in my house this upcoming week and I'd maybe want someone to spend it with.

    Other than that, I get a few winks here and there, maybe an email even more few and far between, only 1/3 of the guys that contact me are even the slightest bit eligible to get a response back from me, but maybe that's an awesome fraction considering everything.

    ReplyDelete