Thursday, October 7, 2010

Helloo? Is anyone out there?

Many close friends of mine have posed the question of if I think my dates will one day stumble upon this anonymous blog, put two and two together and call me out on my revealing rants, shit-talking and name-calling.

That's a risk I'm taking. I've caught myself a few times before gushing about this blog to my dates, especially after being asked how my Match experience has been going. I'm wondering how much SEO factors into these blog posts and if, perhaps, one of my Match dates would be so intelligent to pick up The Imperfect Sweater via Google.

There are online dating bloggers who tell their subjects about their blog, or have gained notoriety from their blog being publicized (like 50 First J-Dates). I don't agree with this method because it takes away from the candidness, honesty and the hopes that the average person could relate to my individual experience.

While the possibility of becoming a blogging celebrity is appealing, I don't expect The Imperfect Sweater to land on any major hub that would produce thousands of unique page views a day. So, for now, I'm safely tucked into the anonymity of this blog.

It's small and stupid and, in hindsight, will be painfully embarrassing to reread. But someone out there is reading this blog and cringing while reading about my bad dates and keeping their fingers crossed when the good ones come along.

So for that, I thank you, anonymous readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment