Monday, October 4, 2010

My apparent affinity for dudes with androgynous names

Revamping my Match profile and adding more fresh and full of expression photos seemed to have done the trick. My inbox (and BlackBerry) has been FLOODED with prospective men, a decent portion being relatively attractive.

Tonight I'm going out for Mexican in a cute town next to mine with Kman, who bears a striking similarity to my ex-douche bag boyfriend in that he has a girl's name.

But, moving on.

I had messaged Kman in the midst of my near-meltdown a few days ago. I made some lame comment about how beautiful his pictures were and that he was obviously a model. I was shocked he even wrote back to me, given the amount of attention he must garner from his photos.

After a few emails back and forth, this is what I know thus far:

- He had a stint in modeling (hence, the gorgeous, glossy pictures)
- He has a half-sleeve (!!!) and is all tatted up elsewhere
- He's extremely. Extremely. TALL.
- He's currently pursing a degree in graphic design

After giving him my number, we texted throughout my weekend trip to Vegas with my two girlfriends.

I might be being a bit too preemptive when I say this (getting flashbacks of Writerman, here...) but I have a strange, but giddy feeling about Kman. He's made comments about how he can tell already that we're going to get along and that he's super excited to meet me. A beautiful man who's well-spoken, educated and seemingly sweet? Sounds way too good to be true.

I feel a huge amount of pressure going into this date, something I've never felt before. There are a lot of expectations to be met. I don't lie or embellish by any means in my profile, but I know already that Kman is banking on me to work out (I have deduced this from the fact that his profile says he hasn't logged onto his account in over three days).

I know I harp on the necessity of not having expectations when going into a date. But mine are pretty much set with Kman. I want this to work out. But the more pressure I put on tonight's date, the more I'm going to be looking for his one dent that makes him damaged goods.

Here's to hoping I'm not proved right over margaritas tonight ...

No comments:

Post a Comment